Artist in Residence
Feet of Clay
Artist-in-Residence Program Announcement 2017-18
Mission of the artist-in-residency program:
To support the ceramic arts and to build the Feet of Clay community. The Artist in Residence program will fund a ceramic artist by granting one year of free membership starting from September 2017 through August of 2018.
● Semi-private membership which includes large shelving unit
● 24 hour access to the studio
● Artist page on the Feet of Clay website
● $50 monthly credit to be used towards firing fees
● Solo show at Feet of Clay in July of 2017
● Give two paid day-long workshops to Feet of Clay Members in October 2017 and another to be arranged in 2018.
● Give one slideshow of their previous works or experiences in September of 2017
● Participate in the Feet of Clay Show and Sales in April and December
● Spend a minimum of 10 hours per week in the studio during daytime and evening hours
● Load and fire their own work
● Three hours per week assisting with studio operations
Application deadline is extended to May 15th, 2017. To apply, please send a resume, up to three photographs of your work and a cover letter describing your interest and how you expect to contribute to our community to Feet of Clay, c/o Jenn Wyman, 21 Station Street, Brookline, MA 02445. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified by June 15th.
Any ceramic artist will be considered for the Artist in Residence program. Teaching experience is not necessary. Applicants should possess an enthusiasm and willingness to be part of the Feet of Clay community!